- AccessScience (McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology)
- Online version of the standard encyclopedia with updated science and technology news, biographies, learning resources, study guides, and links to related web sites.
Electronic Resource of the Month, April 2011
- Education & Homework Gateway
- A gateway to links, databases, eBooks, book lists and other resources for Education and Homework Help.
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgo
- La Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos está organizada de modo que los estudiantes puedan encontrar información rápida y fácilmente.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (Reference eBooks)
- A collection of reference eBooks on a wide variety of topics. Portions of the books can be downloaded onto eReader devices.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center with Alternative Health
- Full text medical encyclopedias, nearly 400 health and medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets, over 700 videos and articles from 2,200 general interest publications.
Electronic Resource of the Month, Jan 2009
- Junior Edition (Gale)
- Periodical database designed for students in junior high and middle school, with magazines, newspapers and reference books on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, government, sports and more.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context
- Pro and con arguments with contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today's hottest social issues drawn from news articles, journals, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites.
- Science in Context
- Information on subjects ranging from earth science and life science, to space, technology, mathematics, science history, and biography for assignments and projects.
- Student Resources in Context
- Contains information on core subjects from Science to Literature to History of student-focused subject material. Includes content of Discovering Collection database.
Electronic Resource of the Month, June 2012
- World Book Encyclopedia
- Offers information on a range of topics.
- Animal Resources from Sea World & Busch Gardens
- Links to selected animals and sea life. Has some fast facts, pictures, and tropical forest information.
- Division of Endangered Species, Threatened and Endangered Wildlife and Plants
- Sponsored by U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. Has charts and brief technical information. Some tables may require Acrobat. Not easily understandable by younger students.
- Endangered Animals
- Has lists of selected endangered animals primarily from the U.S. The information is very very brief. However there is a link to fact sheets which tell more about selected animals.
- Endangered Species
- Has links to brief information about selected endangered creatures, why they are endangered, and what is being done. Note that selectable picture does not refer to the creature shown.
- Cyber Pursuits
- This page links to hundreds of interesting and informative web sites about archeology.
Astronomy & Weather Websites
- Hurricanes Theme Page
- Comprehensive educational theme page on the science of hurricanes with manylinks.
- Intellicast Dr. Dewpoint Main Page
- Has articles, questions and answers, weather almanacs, and general information about weather.
- Nine Planets
- Has information about the planets, their myths, history, characteristics, discovery, and so forth. Multimedia presentation with nice pictures.
- The Weather Channel
- Has basic daily and weekly forecasts searchable by place name or zip code. There are also links to articles about weather. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for links to resources for teachers and students.
- Windows to the Universe--Astronomy
- Basic astronomy information about the planets, solar system, rockets, and space missions. There are some bios of scientists and astronauts.
Conversions and Calculations Websites
- Online calculators for a variety of conversions and calculations.
- Online Conversions
- Convert just about Anything to Anything else Over 8,100 Conversions and Calculators.
Life Science Websites
- Biology Project, The
- Online interactive resource for learning biology. Content includes Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, and Immunology.
- Biome Resource Page
- Links to information about various biomes and the creatures that inhabit them.
- Botany Encyclopedia of Plants
- Sponsored by a seed company, this site is meant for gardeners. It is very selective but very good for what it covers. Plants can search for by common or scientific name.
- CELLS alive!
- A graphic presentation that covers both plant and animal cells.
- Health Information
- From the National Library of Medicine. Has links to various sites for locating health data. Links are arranged by topic and are searchable.
- Human Anatomy Online
- A graphical interface to information about the body. Requires frames. Also has animations and images and can be searched.
- Online Frog Dissection
- A multimedia, interactive, step by step presentation. that requires Movie Player.
- Virtual Hospital
- A digital health sciences library at the University of Iowa for health care providers and patients.
- CyberFair - Science Fair Ideas
- This site is an idea generator and has tips for projects for students in grades 3 through 6.
- How Stuff Works
- This web site explains how hundreds of things work, from elements of the human body to space-age technology.
- Scientific American: Ask the Experts
- This is part of the online version of the magazine. It has answers to questions submitted by readers/students. Previous questions are archived by topic. The entire site is searchable but can be limited to specificsections.
- Science Buddies
- A non-profit organization focused on developing science enrichment tools for students in grades K-12.
- Science Fair Guide
- This guide is designed for Junior and Senior High Schoolstudents who have been assigned to do a science project.