DRUGS & ALCOHOL
- AccessScience (McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology)
- Online version of the standard encyclopedia with updated science and technology news, biographies, learning resources, study guides, and links to related web sites.
Electronic Resource of the Month, April 2011
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgo
- La Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos está organizada de modo que los estudiantes puedan encontrar información rápida y fácilmente.
- Encyclopedia of Drugs - Alcohol and Addictive Behavior
- Gale Virtual Reference e-Book. Intended for the student and layperson, covers the social, medical and political issues related to drugs and alcohol, 4 volumes.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center with Alternative Health
- Full text medical encyclopedias, nearly 400 health and medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets, over 700 videos and articles from 2,200 general interest publications.
Electronic Resource of the Month, Jan 2009
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context
- Pro and con arguments with contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today's hottest social issues drawn from news articles, journals, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites.
- World Book Encyclopedia
- Offers information on a range of topics.
- A database of drug information for parents, teachers, students, DARE Officers, or anyone interested in learning about illegal drugs.
- Drugs Information
- Information on heroin, cannabis, cocaine, crack, LSD, magic mushrooms, poppers, speed, Yaba, and opiates. This site also shows how these harmful drugs are taken and what symptoms to look out for.
- Club Drugs
- From the National Institute on Drug Abuse information about MDMA (Ecstasy), GHB, Rohypnol, ketamine, methamphetamine, and LSD.
- The Schaffer Library of Drug Policy
- Complete histories, books, periodicals and historical research documenting the War on Drugs.
- NIDA for Teens
- The mission of the National Institute on Drug Abuse is to lead the nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
- Office of National Drug Control Policy
- ONDCP features White House Drug Policy initiatives, programs, and publications. Find testimony and press releases. Outlines national drug control strategy goals.
- Anabolic Steroid Abuse
- Scientific research about the effects of steroids, abuse and addiction from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
- Partnership for a Drug-Free America
- Tips on talking to kids about drugs, as well as information on specific drugs, slang names for drugs, what they look like, and frequently asked questions.
- Science-based information about the effects of marijuana on your brain and body.
- Provides teens with a safe space ask questions and to get reliable information about marijuana and its effects.
- From the NIDA, this website seeks to inform about the potential dangers of smoking and other nicotine use.
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Working to expose Big Tobacco's lies, the Campaign reveals the truth about the deadly effects of smoking, tobacco's corporate public relations campaigns to convince the public that it is a reformed industry, and the advertising and marketing tactics tobacco companies use to entice youth as their new customers.
- ANR: Youth and Tobacco
- Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights information on youth and tobacco; clean indoor air as a youth protection strategy; tobacco industry "prevention" programs; and research on effectiveness of restricting youth access to tobacco.
- American Lung Association
- Provides information on various conditions, research and statistics, plus programs and events.
- Offers smoking cessation tips, research results, and tips for staying smoke-free.
- Students Against Destructive Decisions
- Provides students with prevention and intervention tools to deal with the issues of underage drinking, other drug use, impaired driving and other destructive decisions.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Nationwide organization of people determined to stop drunk driving and support the victims drunk driving accidents.
- The Alcohol Epidemiology Program
- Research program to discover effective community and policy interventions to reduce alcohol-related social and health problems. Includes findings, and information about effective policies.
- The Century Council
- The American distilling industry's organization fighting drunk driving and illegal underage drinking through alcohol education, law enforcement, legislation and retailer support.