Dictionaries, Almanacs and Encyclopedias
Dictionaries, Almanacs and Encyclopedia Websites
- Websites Acronym Finder
- More than 480,000 entries covering acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms including Information Technology, Military & Government and Slang & Pop Culture.
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Offers information on a range of topics
- Farmer's Almanac
- Lots of information, just like its print version.
- Rhyming Dictionary
- Includes thesaurus and dictionary.
- WWWebster Dictionary
- Based on the Webster's 10th Collegiate edition, 1993. More than 160,000 entries. Each word is accompanied by definition , pronunciation, usage, grammatical function, and a brief etymology. A thesaurus can be queried for similar words, hypertext cross references are available, and misspellings return suggested spellings. Includes an extensive pronunciation guide.